Thursday, March 22

Michael Mason and Mohd. Akram - brothers from a different mother?

While watching Davison spank Mason around the park this afternoon, I thought to myself, "My goodness, this Mason fellow is pretty ugly!"

I also thought (credit to billu.net for pointing it out) the female New Zealanders in the audience were bloody gorgeous! So the next time my dorky circle of friends ask me to go to accompany them to New Zealand, so we can kiss the earth where Frodo and Gandalf walked, I think I'll oblige.

Anyway, back to the point at hand. Mason reminds me of Mohammad Akram, who plays for Surrey I believe, and commentates once in a while in a strange manner, and is clearly someone who one would look at and say, "EW"!

On another tangent, speaking of Akram's commentary skills, I remember some TV host asking Akram about his preferred Pakistani starting XI, before some Eng-Pak test match last year, and Akram named 13 players. The host was quite confused, as was I, but thankfully Robin Smith (the other 'expert') was seated next to Akram, and clarified on his behalf. Point being, Akram and Mason are ugly while Robin Smith is a nice chap.

Anyway, judge the striking resemblance for yourself.

No comments: