Monday, March 12

10 hours to go - I am so bloody nervous

Pakistan's opener against the West Indies is in less than 10 hours. I can't sleep! I am so nervous. I want Pakistan to win, but realistically speaking, I don't think we will make the final 4. Anyway, as usual, I am being too pessimistic, so I'll just shut up.

Where was omarlovescricket?
Fans of this blog may be wondering where I disappeared for the past 4 days. Well, its spring break here, and I took to the weekend off to attend to family matters and some other personal stuff. Not that you care, but if you're really bored, you can email me and ask me about my weekend. Jokes aside, I knew, that with the WC starting, I am going to be eating, breathing and umm, chewing(?) cricket for the next month or so. So the best time for a break from blogging is probably right about now!

Update on past issues
I will continue posting the wicket keeping study as it is still incomplete. Some of you were genuinely interested, while others were shocked at how much time I have to waste looking at Excel sheets. I have spent way too long fudging data around, so readers of this blog will indulge in my exuberance for a bit longer. I am still working on those bloody Excel sheets but am awaiting word from Cricinfo about using their database for ball-by-ball data. Fingers are crossed!

A bit of recognition
This blog, and more importantly other fine cricketing blogs, including our pet project, Cricket.bloggers.pk, were highlighted in Pakistan's Spider Magazine which deals with Internet related stuff. Pretty cool right? The review about my blog was amusing though. He wrote "The language used is one that the reader can easily comprehend, which makes the pieces more effective." Hmm! I think he's saying I am a dumb-ass. Maybe I need to spice my writing up a bit!

No comments: