Saturday, October 7

Younis back as Captain, Shaharyar Khan resigns. Just another day for the Pakistan cricket team

Just another impetous decision by a Pakistani cricketer...who reverses it back within a couple of days.

Why is there so much unnecessary drama?

Afridi retires from test cricket after a succesful series in India claiming that heis burnt out. The entire nation is in shock.

Now Younis gets angry at something, resigns from the captaincy.

The next day the chairman resigns. Good! I like that move. I have been waiting for his ouster for months now. I thought he handled Hairgate terribly. I did support him in the past. I really liked him before. And here..

However, I think he hasn't done enough for the progress of cricket. For example, the ICC schedule has us playing such few test matches and ODI's while the BCCI is having India play the most in international cricket. Pakistan the is the 2nd most powerful cricketing nation (by marketing) in the world. I think he should have used this as a useful leveraging tool just like India does.

No comments: