Monday, October 16

Is cricket a good workout?

Most people I talk to don't really associate playing a day's game of cricket with any meaningful excercise. Usually they just brush it aside. After all they assume, one just stands in the same spot all day, smelling the danderlions and waiting for the ball to come your way.

Anyway it seems like cricket is definitely shaping (pun intended) towards a more health conscious arena with an increasing focus on running between the wickets, saving runs, and athletic fielding.
I had noticed this picture of the Aussies a while back and was really surprised/impressed. Those guys are cut!

Anyway, recently, an interesting post on cricket-blog pointed me towards an article about how the Aussie coach was using GPS to track his players movements. Whatever wierd method he is trying, Buchanan's work is certainly paying off.
Can the Pakistani's take them on? Yesterday, I would have said NO...but today I found out that Shoaib is allegedly on steroids...so I would put my money on Younis, Inzy and Shoaib!

No comments: