Tuesday, December 12

4th ODI Team selection

Pakistan are 45/3 after 15 overs.

Afridi has failed as usual. He got bowled to an outswinger. He should not have been in the squad. He should not have been in the team. He should not be in our World Cup plans....yet we stick with him. In case you're wondering how I can back up my claims for his withdrawal...wonder no more. Browse these charts at your own perusal.

Imran Farhat made a streaky 13. He swung and missed for 36 deliveries. Most of my friends hate Farhat. I am indifferent and have numbed up to him now.

The ball is swinging a bit. Its a bit bouncy out there. When your established middle order is not playing for any reason, the selectors should have thought about middle order order batsmen as replacements. Regurgitating these allrounders and openers is so futile. There is dull sense of 'been there, done that' when I see the squad. The 5 people who came out to bat are all openers. I would give anything to trade them in for any 3 middle order batsmen on Pakistani domestic scene....

Pakistan are 47/4 after 17 overs. Shoaib Malik just played across the line and was caught plum chilling out in front of the wicket. Can I get no respite? I'm trying to write a blog post here. Just need 5 overs with no wickets falling.

Why are Umar Gul and Abdur Rehman not playing this game? I hope they're sick with the flu or something because I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't play. Umar Gul might need a rest, but Rehman was awesome for the first 2 ODI's. He was restrictive and attacking with incredible control.

All in all, I am not happy

No comments: