Tuesday, November 21

Great - The Ashes is finally here!

On a side note, thank goodness the Ashes start tomorrow!

I am pretty tired of reading all the hype about them during the past year and I really just want this series to start. The English media in particular seemed to ignore most of the cricket their side played since they won the last Ashes. It's definitely a big deal for both sides, but I don't know if its worth numbing down all the cricket that's not the Ashes. Australia, on the hand, won 11 of 12 tests since, won the Champions Trophy and pretty much were back to their winning ways.

The English batsmen do have what it takes to stand up to the Australia and their bowlers have the ability. Their only hope is that they play brilliantly. Though no one has been really impressive on the English side in the past 15 months, besides perhaps Ian Bell and Alistair Cook, the Ashes brings out the killer instincts amongst players on both sides. I feel England need to work really hard and NOT play the way they have been playing prior to this.

Should be a fun series. I plan on watching it as well. For the sake of the media and fan hype, I hope England does well. My prediction, however, is that they are going to whipped well and truly by the Aussies.

As for all the Australians and all the racism (which definitely exists - from personal experience), I hope this crap stops. I am not too fond of the Aussie mind games and their incessant sledging. It cheapens the sport and make the players and fans look like common bully's and uneducated fools. Just play or watch the damn game, appreciate its competitiveness and keep your mouths shut!

No comments: